Traveling alone can be scary specially if it’s your first time. It maybe outside or within the country. Traveling solo has it’s pros and cons, such as safety concerns and getting bored. Here are some tips on how you can survive out there and enjoy your trip.
- In booking a hotel/hostel make sure there’s a 24-hour reception service. Inform the hotel/hostel in advance that you will arrive late or early so you will have time to rest and freshen up inside your room before exploring the place.
- Leave your travel details with your family or your friend.
- Don’t bring a lot of cash, just enough.
- Know your destination. Search online on areas that needs to be visited. It will save you time.
- On getting to your destination learn how to get there before jumping on a ride. Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Your hotel concierge personnel knows better than anyone else.
- Make friends with the locals but trust no one. After all you are a stranger on the area. Take extra care especially walking alone on dark roads or on a lonely street.
- Dining outside alone can be boring. You can always look for a diner if you don’t want to feel lonely. Try checking local restaurants or go for street foods if your adventurous enough.
- Know what you want to get out of your trip. This will help you plan you daily itinerary.
- Ask for your hotel’s business card and bring it along with you when out. If in case you get lost, you can hail a cab and show them the card to take you back to your hotel.